You are always free to call the Fusix NOC or open a ticket; but there is also the option of using Team!works, our Customer Portal that marries your love for your own product to our love for an automated IP network management. Using Team!works, you can perform many IP networking tasks on-line 24/7, for example:
In addition we are always working on new features. Please make sure to subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed of the latest developments and learn how you can get to try out the new features first.
Netflow data and anti-DDoS
Anti-DDoS page of your Fusix Customer Portal shows Netflow data for the 100 IP addresses in your network that receive the most bytes, packets, flows, bytes per second, bytes per packet, or packets per second. This information is retrieved every 5 minutes and the data is summarized across the latest 15 minutes.
Why would you want to see this data? The capabilities of your network devices and/or the maximum throughput of your Internet uplink might be not enough to sustain a DDoS attack. As a result, your servers would become unreachable, and the DDoS attack would achieve its wicked goal. If under the attack, you can still identify the target of the attack using the Netflow data in the Portal.
Once you know the target of the attack, you can use our on-line DDoS-response tools effectively by following these steps:
- Drop all traffic to the IP address that seems to be the target (blackhole). If the blackholing stopped the DDoS, you identified the actual target;
- Now try filtering the incoming traffic, so that only eligible traffic will reach the target. The filtering tool is based on dropping traffic that uses specific protocols, such as UDP or ICMP and – NEW – on dropping traffic that comes from outside the Netherlands;
- Preventively, you could always drop UDP and/or ICMP traffic for IP addresses of your services that should not receive such traffic by default.
In the Customer Portal you can see:
- The top 100 IP addresses in your network receiving traffic, and sort them according to traffic-measurement criteria;
- Active traffic filters and a history record of filters that were applied in the past.
While you can use our web portal free of charge at any time of day or night to take anti-DDOS measures, we are of course happy to help you 24/4 on the phone too, in case of emergency!
Automatic updates of your IP prefix list
Fusix is one of the very few Tier 2 IP transit providers with automated IP prefix updates. Our IP transit customers announce IP address blocks to us across BGP. Should you wish to announce a new prefix, or stop using an existing prefix, you can simply change the relevant public Internet routing registry (such as RIPE NCC, NTT, RADB, etc.). As your IP transit provider, Fusix is automatically aware of these changes and re-configures the settings of your IP transit service accordingly.
The back-end of our network-management platform regularly retrieves your route objects, compares them with the current configuration of the prefix filters and makes appropriate updates. The steps of this process are:
Team!works retrieves (by using command: bgpq3 -h rr.ntt.net -3 -m 24 — [ASN or AS-set]) your route objects daily at 10.00am and 16.00pm (Amsterdam time) and compares them with the current configuration of the Fusix backbone;
You can request to always review and approve all changes, before they are implemented. Otherwise, Team!works will update configuration of your IP transit service automatically, except when such change removes > 25% of the currently accepted IP address blocks and hence must be reviewed manually anyway;
All requests for a change approval and notifications about automatically implemented changes are e-mailed to your maintenance e-mail address (which you can set or change in the Team!works portal).
In the Customer Portal you can review the settings for your ISP network:
- Your AS number and, if applicable, your AS-SET;
- Status of the most recent update: Accepted / Review;
- The total number of accepted IPv4 and IPv6 IP address blocks (prefixes). Use the “show” link to see all blocks;
- Set the update policy to “always manually review and approve” or to “implement automatically, unless such update removes >25% of the IP blocks”;
- Review history and details of all implemented updates.
With Fusix Team!works automated prefix filtering, we have launched a feature that is unfortunately standard only in some of the biggest ISP networks. As with our anti-DDOS feature explained above – yes we are still happy to help you with this over the phone or in e-mail. But you can also be sure that our automated systems keep the Internet secure and your prefixes safe!